Ada for ESP8266
Dmitry A. Kazakov
2017-12-21 11:59:19 UTC
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status and capacities of
the RTS?
--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de
r***@gmail.com
2017-12-21 13:25:35 UTC
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status and capacities of
the RTS?
I once built the cross-compiler only, but no RTS whatsoever (except system.ads). It must be still on my drive somewhere.

I'm not sure how to proceed, anyway (and where to find some time for proceeding). I still have difficulties building a compiler without RTS using the unpatched build machinery of FSF GNAT. My target configuration is to have minimal patches for building the compiler based on the FSF sources and have separate repositories for the RTSs similar to the Cortex guys.

Rolf
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de
Simon Wright
2017-12-21 16:46:24 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
I still have difficulties building a compiler without RTS
using the unpatched build machinery of FSF GNAT.
For what it's worth ..

configure with --disable-libada
make
make -C gcc cross-gnattools ada.all.cross
make install
Anders Wirzenius
2017-12-21 13:54:50 UTC
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status and capacities
of the RTS?
Try to contact Tero Koskinen.

http://arduino.ada-language.com/
Anders
Tero Koskinen
2017-12-22 05:15:27 UTC
Post by Anders Wirzenius
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status and capacities
of the RTS?
Try to contact Tero Koskinen.
http://arduino.ada-language.com/
I haven't tried GNAT with ESP8266.

But instead if you want, I have Arduino Zero (Atmel SAMD21) ZFP under
work at https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/zfp-samd21

-Tero
Stéphane Rivière
2017-12-21 15:29:42 UTC
Hi Dmitry,
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status
Ask Rolf (from Avr-Ada project).

Its github has ressources about this.

https://github.com/RREE

About Ada compiler for ESP8266 : ./esp8266-ada (empty)

About ESP8266 : ./esp8266-ada-rts (sources here)

SO I guess Rolf should have somewhere a functional cross-compiler build
script...
--
Be Seeing You
Number Six
Dmitry A. Kazakov
2018-01-03 16:50:16 UTC
Post by Stéphane Rivière
Hi Dmitry,
Post by Dmitry A. Kazakov
Can anybody shed light regarding cross-compiler status
Ask Rolf (from Avr-Ada project).
Its github has ressources about this.
https://github.com/RREE
About Ada compiler for ESP8266 : ./esp8266-ada (empty)
About ESP8266 : ./esp8266-ada-rts (sources here)
SO I guess Rolf should have somewhere a functional cross-compiler build
script...
Thanks, that looks interesting. I just finished a small sample project
of controlling a boiler through ESP8266. Maybe it would be possible to
port that to Ada.
--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov